Take a look at some of our customers pictures taken on our battlefield tours or alternatively on our Facebook page where you can talk to previous travellers and also some of our battlefield guides.
What our customers have to say...
- D Day Landing Beaches : Inside A Battlefield Tour - read now - Kristy Heard.
- "My first Leger trip was All Quiet on the Western Front in February of last year. The trip was incredibly inspirational, informative and thought provoking. It brought alive what I had been reading about it a way I never thought possible. It also made me want to return the battlefields immediately and explore more. I have since visi...ted Arras, Champagne, Marne, Verdun, Normandy and have just returned from All Quiet for a second time and am already on countdown to the Poets on the Somme trip at the end of October. I would definately recommend Leger to anyone wanting to visit the battlefield as the trips are always incredibly well planned to pack in as much as possible in the time given. The knowledge and passion of the guides never ceases to amaze me. I never thought when I went on my first trip that I would have returned so many times and that is down to the service Leger constantly provide. Well Done!" - Anna Paulson via Facebook.
- "Excellent trips! Great value for money too. I've been on two Battlefield Tours to the Western Front and loved both of them. Fantastic guides take you round places of interest and fill you in on all the details and the beautiful cemetries you will never forget. Very moving but very enjoyable. Would recommend Leger and their Guides to everyone! Fantastic! 5 stars" - Karla White via Facebook.
- "Me and my good friend Amanda go on tours with Leger every year for the past 8 years and would highly recommend them for there excellent guides and great drivers. The first one we went on was with a couple of guys we were at adult education with and it was them that came up with the suggestion to visit the western front and I have to be honest, I wasn't particularly interested in the wars of the 20th century, however we went and you could not help but be caught up in the emotions the trip evoked. Peter Williams was our guide and he was amazing - we were hooked from then on! Did we just get lucky the first time? Certainly not I have never been on a tour I haven't enjoyed all the guides are brilliant so knowledgable and have such passion for what they do. Roll on 12th April when we return to Verdun!" - Fiona Payne Imbimbo via Facebook.
- "All Quiet on the Western Front (2-5 April 2010): My first trip with Leger and certainly an experience to remember. It is 10 years since I studied WWI at university and this trip fired my passion for the subject again. I arrived home feeling inspired and eager to delve into research about the lives behind the men's names engraved on the gravestones. Our guide (Marc) was incredibly knowledgeable and he used wonderfully creative photographs blending past and present, maps and vivid stories of different regiments to help us to imagine life and death on the battlefields. It was amazing how much was packed into the itinerary for our few days on the Somme and around Ypres, with opportunities for personal remembrance built in. Our coach drivers (Ian and Chris) were friendly, professional and outwitted the Sea France strike with humour and some impressive driving! I would definitely recommend Silver Service - it was brilliant! I'd love to go back this summer and spend time walking in the battlefields and cemeteries." - Caroline Tanner via Facebook.
- "All Quiet on the Western Front is a fantastic experience, the battleﬁeld expert was quite superb. We will deﬁnitely be doing another tour" - Mrs S Humphreys, Northampton
- "I can thoroughly recommend any of these tours and I personally have been returning with my own group of veterans and their relatives for many a year." - Sergeant Gordon Newton CLH, 9th Battalion Parachute Regiment, who took part in the assault on the Merville Battery on 6 June 1944
- "I have been on six Leger tours and rate them ten out of ten being a single person on the trips have made many new friends and never will forget the trips." - Timothy East via Facebook.
- "All Quiet on The Western Front was a moving, informative and genuinely fascinating tour which I would certainly recommend to anybody looking to visit the WW1 grounds. We had initially thought about touring the battlefields ourselves but I'm glad we decided to go with Leger as we would never have got to see so much on our own. The itin...erary was really excellent. It felt like we crammed an incredible amount into a short space of time. Our drivers (John and Peter) were lovely. Nothing was too much trouble and despite the weather they were always waiting for us with a cheery smile and a friendly welcome. I would definitely say that a lot of what made this a truly memorable experience was down to the work of our guide (Iain) who was brilliant. His depth of knowledge was astounding and his passion for the subject matter clearly showed. Everywhere we went, his commentary and vivid recounting of events and personal accounts really helped me to envisage the battlefields as they were and begin to appreciate what it may have been like for the soldiers of the Great War. It's fair to say I'm now well and truly hooked and I would love to go back to visit the battlefields again. Everything I learned on this tour has fuelled my interest in the Great War and I imagine many of the others felt the same. Undoubtedly a trip to remember. Highly recommended." - Liz Clements Via Facebook.
Letters to Leger
Have you had a past battlefields experience with us that you would like to share? We'd love to hear about your tour from your perspective, and why not send us some pictures. Please send your letters and images to firstname.lastname@example.org